Tuesday, August 30, 2011

New Life - Day 9

Since "real age" thinking began this adventure, let me talk for a minute about my parents, with whom I spent the weekend.  They are 94 and 92.  I think they are amazing. They still live on their own, in their own home thanks to a lot of support from my sister who lives nearby.  While they are plagued by old-agism (loss of sight and hearing, shortness of breath, muscles and joints wearing out) neither have any serious illness.  I hope I have inherited their long-life genes!

I did walk every day while visiting them and watched what I ate.  When I weighed in today, I was happily surprised to see 2 pounds gone. Ya-hoo! Back at work today, doing workplace walkabouts and eating healthy. 

Als0 from the Real Age site:  http://www.realage.com/look-young-stay-sharp/simply-beautiful-skin/skin-age-test
This is a link to the real age "skin age" test.  Haven't done it yet  -- but I'm going to.

No comments:

Post a Comment