Friday, September 9, 2011

New Life Day 18

AHA!

RealAge Benefit

Learning a new game that requires brainpower can make your RealAge 1.3 years younger.

This tip fits in perfectly with my family! We are incurable game players -- crosswords, Sudoku, cryptoquotes, cards of all kinds--so this tip affirms we are doing something right while enjoying ourselves in a little brain challenge.  Good for us!

Since starting Plan A, I have continued to do the workplace walk-abouts, wake-up walks, and weekend walks.  Sadly, the pounds -- the ounces, even -- are not exactly falling off.   It's time to beef up the plan a bit, so here are my latest additions:

1.  Remember to take a vitamin and calcium supplement every day.  I'm a horrible pill-taker -- hate 'em -- so I haven't been very successful in making this a daily habit.  I'm trying to find a surefire way to remember to do this everyday.  First thing in the morning doesn't work for me.  Suggestions are welcome.
2. Add a free-weight workout to my repetoire.  Ten-fifteen minutes at least 4 times a week to hopefully tighten up the flabby arms :-).
3.  Lengthen the walks.  Make the weekend walks count by walking at least 30-45 minutes. Step up the pace for the workplace walks.

Off we go to what promises to be fabulous weekend.  Hope yours is too.

No comments:

Post a Comment